Picnics are a lovely summer tradition along the Rideau Canal. These custom ready-made Gourmet picnic baskets are perfect for any outing… from hiking, cycling, paddling, boating, touring or just spending time by the water. Order, pick-up and enjoy your picnic then simply return the basket or ask for the “to go” option in a take away bag.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Step 1 – Order your Gourmet picnic 24hrs ahead by calling Rideau Tours
Step 2 – Pick up your picnic from Rideau Tours at 1671 Chaffey’s Lock Rd
Step 3 – Find your perfect picnic spot: Along the Cataraqui Trail or a picnic table next to one of the many beautiful nearby Parks Canada lockstations at Chaffey’s Locks, Jones Falls or Newboro. Seeley’s Bay is also a beautiful picnic spot.
- Picnic basket & tablecloth
- Cutlery, plates & condiments
- Choose from smoked turkey, chicken, ham or roast beef sandwiches
- Local Artisan cheese & gourmet smoked sausage
- In season heirloom veggies
- Apple cider or freshly squeezed lemonade & desserts sweetened with maple
- Group rates, custom orders & gluten free, vegan or vegetarian options available
- 85% of Ingredients locally sourced using farm fresh in season produce from Wendy’s Farm Market
Delivery also available to select Parks Canada Locks along the Rideau.
(Delivery charges vary depending on distances)
Please indicate any food restrictions and your choice of a wicker basket or a cooler bag to take away.
Order yours today! $22 per person
* Group rates available for 12 or more
VEGAN or VEGETARIAN GOURMET PICNIC INGREDIENTS
Cut vegetables – Organic heirloom vegetables grown locallyVeggie wraps – Organic heirloom vegetables, flour, baking soda, sunflower oil Carrot cake – Carrots, cranberries, flax seeds, flour, baking soda, sunflower oil Lemonade – Fresh squeezed lemons sweetened with maple syrup
Call us at 613-583-4783 to book a picnic on it’s own or to add to any package or tour!